- 12 ounces boned and skinned chicken breasts, cut in 1/2-inch strips
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups (about 8 ounces) baby carrots
- 1 pound Akomz Fresh Button Mushrooms quartered (about 6 cups)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups peeled and seeded sliced cucumbers
- 4 cups lettuce leaves
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and black pepper.
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot.
- Add chicken, mushrooms and carrots; cook, stirring constantly, until mushrooms are softened, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in wine; cook 1 minute longer.
- Remove chicken and vegetable mixture to a serving bowl; set aside.
- Heat juices in skillet over high heat until reduced to 1 tablespoon, about 3 minutes.
- Pour over reserved chicken and mushroom mixture; cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Just before serving add diced cucumbers, shredded cabbage and lettuce and toss with any salad dressing of choice.
- Serve with Bread.
Mushroom Ofada Sauce
- 400g Akomz Fresh Button Mushrooms
- Two spoons of ground crayfish
- Green Peppers
- Red peppers
- Tatashe or shombo (Local Pepper)
- 2 cups of sliced onions
- Locust Beans (Iru)
- Palm oil (One cup)
- Salt to taste
- Remove the seeds and Grind the green peppers and red peppers together.
- Bleach the palm oil – put on low heat for 5 minutes
- Cut the mushroom into quarters and set aside
- Set a clean pot on heat; add the oil and heat for just 2 minutes. Add the sliced onions. Stir and allow to fry for a minute.
- Add the ground pepper combination and allow to fry for the next 10-15 minutes. Remember to stir occasionally to avoid burning.
- Add the quartered mushrooms; add two spoons of ground crayfish, and salt to taste. Also add the locust bean (iru).
- Stir and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.