White Button Mushroom Recipes (Easy to prepare meals)
Pasta Sauce with Tomatoes
Mushrooms with Fried Rice
Mushroom Sauce with Spinach
- 400g White button mushrooms
- 4 medium very ripe tomatoes
- 1 small onion
- 1 chilli pepper (optional)
- Some dried catfish chunks or smoked titus fish (use of dried fish is optional)
- Some locust beans (this is an absolute must to create a really authentic taste. Leave them out if you do not like locust beans
- 100ml of red palm oil
- Some chicken stock
- Some freshly chopped spinach
- 2-3 tablespoons of ground crayfish
- Blend the tomatoes, chilli pepper and onion in a blender. Heat the palm oil in a large enough pot then add the blend. Add the stock. Stir all together and cook under high heat for about 5 minutes.
- Turn heat down and cook for another 5 minutes or so to reduce the sauce. Add the ground crayfish and locust beans. Stir well and taste for salt. Adjust salt if required.
- Add the dried fish chunks. Allow the fish to cook for a bit to soften up. Add some hot water if needs be to avoid the sauce drying out.
- Then add the washed and quartered mushrooms. Stir. The mushrooms cook quickly and will release their own juices, This will loosen the stew, so take extra care not to make the stew too watery.
- Finally, add the chopped spinach.
- Serve hot with any side dish of choice. Ideal to serve with boiled rice, and as an add on for other vegetable soups or stews.
Mushroom Okro Soup
- 12 medium sized Okro
- A Handful Pumpkin leaves (Ugwu) – Chopped
- 400g Akomz Fresh Button Mushrooms
- 1 Cup of cleaned Periwinkles (Isam)
- 1 Stock fish head
- 2 cooking spoons Crayfish (ground)
- 2 yellow Scotch Bonnet pepper
- 1 bulb Onion
- 3 cooking spoons Palm Oil
- Salt to taste
- Rinse White Button mushroom in water. Set it aside.
- In another bowl, soak the stock fish in hot water to soften before you start cooking. This process takes about 20mins.
- Grate the Okro and set aside. The grating ensures that the Okro will draw after cooking.
- Place stockfish into an empty pot on the burner and add some water.
- Dice the Onions and pepper and add into the pot. Add seasoning cube and Salt. Cover and cook on medium heat for about 15mins
- Add the periwinkles then leave to cook for another 5mins
- Pour the white button mushroom and grated Okra into the pot then add the crayfish & Palm Oil.
- Mix till it combines with the Stock liquid then cover & leave to cook for 5mins.
- Add the chopped pumpkin leaves and leave to simmer for another 3mins
- Serve hot with any form of swallow.
- 400g Akomz Fresh Button Mushrooms (Chopped into quarters)
- 1 bunch of spring onions (cut into pieces)
- 2 sticks of fresh carrots (cut into small pieces or shredded)
- 1 tsp of vegetable oil and 1tsp of salt and pepper
- 3 cups of water
Preparation (15 minutes)
- Combine all the ingredients including the mushrooms and stir continuously for a few minutes and then allow to boil together.
- Then continue to stir intermittently for another 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat and allow to simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the stove
- Serve hot.