Mushrooms – Nutritional Benefits
Fresh Mushroom is among the top list of health food with lots on health, nutrition and benefits. To ensure you get full health benefits, there is need to keep mushrooms from becoming mouldy or mushy during storage by leaving them unwashed.
- Fresh Button Mushrooms are rich in folic acid, which is one of the most successful weapons against anaemia.
- Fresh Button mushrooms are low in calories (only 20 calories for 5 medium-sized white mushrooms);
- Fresh Button Mushrooms are fat-free; cholesterol-free and sodium-free.
- Rich in important nutrients
- Great source of B-vitamins.
- Contain more potassium than most other fruit and vegetables.
- One of the richest, natural sources of selenium, helps strengthens the immune system and reduces the risk of cancer and other chronic illnesses.
- A good source of zinc, another essential mineral which helps boost your immune system, as well as your libido.
- A great value and healthy option for meals
- Great in vegetarian diets
- Fresh Button Mushrooms are one of the few natural sources of vitamin D, which is essential for healthy bones and teeth.
- The stem of a mushroom is a good source of flavour and nutrients.