White Button Mushroom
Fresh Mushroom is among the top list of health food with lots on health, nutrition and benefits. To ensure you get full health benefits, there is need to keep mushrooms from becoming mouldy or mushy during storage by leaving them unwashed.
Mushrooms come in a variety of species. Akomz Foods cultivate the white button variety (Agaricus paribus) that are in high demand worldwide.
Akomz Foods farm fresh is the solution for best mushrooms meal.
Mushrooms are listed among the foods richest in folic acid, which is one of the most successful weapons against anemia.
Key Facts About Mushrooms
- Mushrooms contain more dietary fibre.
- Mushrooms contain more protein than most vegetables.
- Mushrooms are low in calories.
- Mushrooms are one of the few natural sources of vitamin D, which is essential for healthy bones and teeth.
- Mushrooms are a great source of B-vitamins.
- Mushrooms contain virtually no salt.
- Mushrooms contain more potassium than most other fruit and vegetables.
- Mushrooms is one of the richest, natural sources of selenium, helps strengthens the immune system and reduce the risk of cancer and other chronic illnesses.
- Mushrooms are a good source of zinc, another essential mineral which helps boost your immune system, as well as your libido.
- The stem of a mushroom is a good source of flavor and nutrients
Mushrooms General Information
- Mushrooms have historically been much sought after as health and medicinal foods. They are low in calories, contain no cholesterol and almost no fat, sugar and salt and are a rich source of proteins, vitamins (B1, B2,C, D), minerals (phosphates and potassium) and dietary fibres. Many mushrooms have therapeutic properties. The bioactive substances include beta-glucans, which have been shown to be immune system modulating.
- They trigger the body’s immune system to fight infection. The bioactive substances include beta- glucans which have been shown to be immune system modulating. They trigger the body’s immune system to fight infection. Mushrooms are low in calories and fat and high in water content, hence they are ideal for healthy diet.
- Mushrooms come in a variety of species. The varieties we cultivate are in high demand world wide and are from the White, Portabella and Brown mushroom family.
White Button Mushrooms (Agaricus Bisporous)
- Flavor: Pleasing flavor intensifies when cooked. Mature white mushrooms with open veils have an intensely rich taste.
- Usage: Very versatile and equally tasty fresh or cooked. Use raw in salads, with dips, sautéed with side dishes, breaded, or as an ingredient to enrich sauces, soups, stuffings or entrées. Portabella (Portobello) is the largest of the commercially available mushrooms, and has a tan/brown cap.
- Flavor: A long growing cycle gives a deep, meat-like flavor, and a substantial texture.
- Usage: Serve whole or sliced, grilled, baked or deep fried, or as an appetizer, side dish or entrée. Also great in stir-fries, sautés and sauces.
Most important reason & benefits of Fresh Mushroom in your diet.
- High in riboflavin (as much as in an eight-ounce glass of milk) and contain as much fiber as a serving of lettuce
- There is no need for adding salt to mushrooms as they add flavor. Mushrooms are high in dietary fiber, a 100g serving having more fiber than a slice of whole wheat bread.
- Mushrooms have other key health benefits since no sodium thereby reduce the risk of high blood pressure & hypertension by decreasing sodium
- Mushrooms reduce risk of birth defects with adequate folate may reduce a woman’s risk of having a child with brain or spinal cord birth defects.
- Mushrooms are a good source of potassium and have no sodium thereby reducing the risk of high blood pressure and stroke
- Mushrooms are richest in folic acid which is one of the most successful weapons against anemia. This is why Mushroom has key health benefits for all.
- Fresh mushrooms are low in calories (only 20 calories for 5 medium-sized white mushrooms); fat-free; cholesterol-free and sodium-free.
- Mushrooms have no fat and have no cholesterol.
- Beta-glucans and linoleic acids are contained in mushroom. They are both anti-carcinogenic acids.
- Mushroom consists ergothionine which helps builds the immune system having sulfur contained in it.
- The calcium in mushrooms helps in bone health as it prevents osteoporosis which increases the risk of broken bones.
- Natural antibiotics which inhibits microbial growth is contained in mushroom. Similarly compared with penicillin because of its ability to inhibit microbial growth.